Summer time means more travel, and sometimes that travel happens late at night and/or off the beaten path.Being stranded because of bad weather or vehicle failure can be a frightening occurrence, so it’s best to be prepared.
According to Ready.Gov, here are the things every car owner should have in an emergency kit:
Car Emergency Kit
In case you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car including
- Jumper cables: might want to include flares or reflective triangle
- Flashlights: with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit: remember any necessary medications, baby formula and diapers if you have a small child
- Food: non-perishable food such as canned food, and protein rich foods like nuts and energy bars
- Manual can opener
- Water: at least 1 gallon of water per person a day for at least 3 days
- Basic toolkit: pliers, wrench, screwdriver
- Pet supplies: food and water
- Radio: battery or hand cranked
- Cat litter or sand: for better tire traction
- Ice scraper
- Clothes: warm clothes, gloves, hat, sturdy boots, jacket and an extra change of clothes for the cold
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Charged Cell Phone: and car charger
We would also add your insurance ID card, your roadside assistance card and your insurance company’s toll-free claims number. If you’re unsure if your policy includes roadside assistance, call us for a quote: (706) 632-3400
Have a safe summer traveling the highways and byways of the great State of Georgia!
About Kevin Panter Insurance
Located in Blue Ridge Georgia, and serving all of Fannin and surrounding counties, Kevin Panter Insurance is one of the leading independent insurance agencies in Northern Georgia. Representing the finest auto and home insurance carriers and the leading business insurance companies, Kevin Panter Insurance can provide you with the best in insurance value.