One of our commercial lines specialties at Kevin Panter Insurance is insuring contractors in Blue Ridge, Georgia and all of Fannin County and surrounding areas.
One of insurance partners, Grange Insurance, has a short video giving 5 Tips for Safety for contractors. The video is linked to YouTube below and is only 2:30 long, but if you’re in a hurry, here’s the short version:
5 Common Sense Ways to Keep Your Jobsites Safe
- Don’t bag oil or solvent soaked rags. Rags not allowed to air in a ventilated space can combust. It happens all the time.
- Put out cigarettes. Have a designated smoking area away from the jobsite and anything flammable
- Protect Equipment. Thieves love to target contractor’s tools and equipment. Keep them in a safe, locked location whenever they are not in use.
- Sign a Contract. Always make sure you have a signed contract that has a clear statement of work to be done, as well as any indemnifications. It’s always a good idea to have your contracts reviewed by a lawyer.
- Keep your workplace clear and clean of hazardous debris. Slips and falls are one of the largest causes of liability and workers compensation claims. Devote time each day to cleaning up the worksite for the next day’s work.
You can watch the video on YouTube below. If you are interested in learning more about how Kevin Panter Insurance’s risk management solutions can make your contracting business safer, and more profitable, Contact Us today!
About Kevin Panter Insurance
Located in Blue Ridge Georgia, and serving all of Fannin and surrounding counties, Kevin Panter Insurance is one of the leading independent insurance agencies in Northern Georgia. Representing the finest auto and home insurance carriers and the leading business insurance companies, Kevin Panter Insurance can provide you with the best in insurance value.